Meet Our Students

case western reserve university military ethics masters degree students in a classroom talking to a faculty member

The study of military ethics at Case Western Reserve University prepares high-achieving students for careers in military service, law, public service, or for further education. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and have varied career interests. Learn why they decided to study military ethics at CWRU.

portrait of Jay Leffler, graduate student at Case Western Reserve

Jay Leffler

“It’s important that civilians have trust that the military as a profession is conducting itself in an appropriate manner. I chose this master’s program to make myself a better professional soldier and hopefully help address and advise on the current and future challenges for the military.”

Read more about Jay

Lisa Lindsay

“Studying military ethics is not only a way to satisfy my intellectual curiosities, but, more importantly, it provides a beautiful opportunity to enact positive change. I love being able to do philosophy in an intentional way, producing scholarship with the goal of improving and supporting the experiences of all military personnel. ”